Many times you forget your keys, faces, and many more things. You forget all these things from time to time due to your busy lifestyle, poor diet, and aging. Having a poor memory can be frustrated many times, and we upset much time but don’t worry there is a natural way to improve memory and mental performance at every age. Let’s look at the natural way of improving memory.
- Meditation: Stress is the biggest cause of reducing memory power. It is not easy to remember to all things when you are stressed. Meditation is the best way to develop your memory power. You just do 20 minutes of meditation in a day. You can also practice breath focusing, spiritual practices like prayers etc for the improvement of memory.
- Exercise: Exercise is important for both physical or mental health. It can improve the memory power of all aged people. Regular brain exercise improves the spiral memory of the individual. Outdoor walk, tai chi, and another coordination exercises help to improve memory.
- Get enough sleep: Sleep play important role in the improvement of the memory. If you are sleep deprived, you could put negative effects on your memory. Health expert recommended that an adult get seven to nine-hour sleep at all night for optimum health.
- Brain games: Brain games are the effective way to improve the power of memory. Word-recall, crosswords, chess checkers etc brain games helpful to boots the memory. Online also many games available which strengthen the memory.
- Use less sugar: Eating too much sugar rises many health diseases include cognitive decline. Sugar full diet leads to poor memory and reduces brain volume. Less use of sugar not only good for memory but also for health.
- Take Fatty fish or fish oil supplements: Fish oil contains omega -3 fatty acids which are good for improving memory at an old age. It also helps in reduces inflammation in the body, which is linked to cognitive decline.
- Take less alcohol: Taking to much alcohol put a negative effect on health as well as memory also. Alcohol shows neurotoxic effects on the brain as it damages the part of the brain that plays important role in the memory.
- Coffee: Coffee contains two components – caffeine or antioxidants which help your brain. It put the positive effect on the brain like increase alertness, concentration power of our brain.
- Nuts: Nuts are the excellent source of protein, vitamin E and omega-3 which improve the memory and cognitive performance and prevents cognitive decline in adults.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is the one of the best food for the brain. It contains vitamin k and choline which enhance you’re cognitive function and keep your memory sharp.
- Blueberries: The antioxidants in blueberries can provide real benefits in improving memory and cognitive function include decision-making, reasoning. The antioxidants protect the brain from oxidative damage.
- Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate is good for you. It contains antioxidants or anti-inflammation properties which to lower blood pressure and improve blood flow to both brain and heart.
- Eggs: Eggs includes vitamin B6, B12, and choline that helps the brain in the variety of ways. Choline helps from the chemical makeup of the brain neurotransmitters and it can help to improve brain function.
There are many other simple techniques with the help of improved memory. Exercise, Meditation, less take sugar is the best technique for improving memory without spending on medicine or on the doctors.