Tips To Prevent Dehydration
During the summer, Dehydration is a common problem. In summer season everyone prepares for a picnic. But summer might a difficult time for you and your family. Within the excitement of picnic, you face several problems from heat and warm temperature, especially dehydration problem. Dehydrate occur because of several reasons like vomiting, diarrhoea, sweating but mainly dehydration occurs because of mismatch or leaving extra water from the body due to any reason. However, don’t be concerned we have a tendency to overcome this problem, therefore let’s talk about the sign of dehydration and the way to prevent dehydration in summers.
Sign of dehydration
Following are the most common sign of dehydration:
- Dry mouth, lips
- Redness in eyes
- Dark urine
How to prevent dehydration
- Water– Water is the best way to hydrate your body. Take 8-9 glass of water daily. However, keep in mind fluid demand is varied from individual to individual. Do not wait till you’re feeling thirsty however drink water full day to hydrate your body.
- ORS– ORS is very effective within the dehydrating. It helps in restoring the lost fluid and minerals of the body. It’s an easy home remedy with the help of your hydrate your body.
- Fruits and vegetables– Take plenty of fruits and vegetables to hydrate your body. In watery fruits and vegetables, many compounds are presented that overcome the dehydration problem. Water lemon, grapes, orange, cucumber, tomatoes, and lots of watery fruits and vegetables are useful in hydrate your body.
- Coconut water- Coconut water is an effective booster for your body to hydrate. Coconut water contains many electrolytes that quickly absorb by your body and show you a result.
- Eat high potassium food– Dehydration doesn’t mean only loss of water. Together with water, your body loss necessary electrolytes. To fill up these electrolytes you need to take potassium-rich food like mangoes, banana, or coconut water.
- Stay inside– keep indoors prevents dehydration. When we go outside through sun additional sweat occur and additional sweating cause loss of fluid within the body and cause the dehydration problem. Therefore, do not exist in the afternoon time, stay indoor to avoid dehydration problem.
- Wear lightweight and loose-fitting clothes– During summer always prefers to wear light and loose-fitting clothes as a result of dark colour absorb more heat and cause more sweat that causes dehydration problem. Always prefers to those clothes which will dissipate heat and permit ventilation.
- Avoid alcohol and cigarette– Alcohol decrease the production of an antidiuretic hormone that causes your body loses more fluid through increase urine and cause dehydration problem. Cigarette also dries up the liner up the throat and build the matter of dehydration.
- Do less exercise– Doing exercise is important to stay fit. However, through summer it will be dangers if you’ll not hydrate your body with water or any kind of liquid.
Dehydration may be a significant issue if you’ll not take it seriously. Drinking water throughout the day is the best way to hydrate your body. Fruits, juice is also a smart option in summer to hydrate your body. Moreover, if you face a dehydration problem then immediately move to the doctor and do regular health check-up.
Leave a Comment